DECEMBER 28, 2017–JANUARY 5, 2018
The ailey studios
Faculty confirmed as of October 3. Please check back for updates.
- Ephrat Asherie
- Elisa Clark
- Marguerite Hemmings – 2017 Bessie award winner
- Nia Love– 2017 Bessie award winner
- Johnnie Cruise Mercer
- Jen Rosenblit
- Ni’Ja Whitson– 2017 Bessie award winner
- Jesse Zaritt
For bios and class descriptions, click here.
schedule & Classes
*Check back periodically for a more detailed schedule.
Classes will include:
- Modern Technique
- Creative Process
- Restorative Practice
- Synthesis (group collaborative discussion, moving, and creating)
Students attending the New York City Winter Intensive will attend two performances, the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater on Friday, December 29 at 8:00pm and Dorrance Dance on Saturday December 30 at 2:00pm or 8:00pm. These performances will be actively discussed using the critical lens framework of the intensive.
- There is a limited quantity of performance tickets. Tickets are reserved on a first come first serve basis through the online application. Tickets are not guaranteed.
- Performance tickets will not be reserved until the student is paid in full. Payment deadline is December 4.
- Tickets are included in the tuition. No portion of the tuition will be refunded for performances not attended.
- ADF will only provide one ticket per student. Additional tickets may be purchased directly through the theater box office, subject to availability.