schedule & Classes
The Winter Intensive schedule is designed to challenge you technically, creatively, and intellectually through the opportunities that exist in a unique and collaborative group learning experience. More than a series of classes, the ADF Winter Intensive is a cohesive curriculum that will give you the opportunity to move, make, research, discuss, and form relationships with other dance artists that last far beyond the eight days we spend together.
- Daily class in modern-based movement forms
- Classes in additional techniques and practices: African dance forms, ballet, composition, hip hop, improvisation, and somatics
- Repertory classes with NYC-based choreographers
- Creative processing classes that work across disciplines and modalities to address the whole dance artist. These classes might include short readings that lead to movement exploration, discussion, writing, or composition within a variety of forms.
- Community discussions to process ideas that are surfacing in our classes and the performances we see
- Informal lunch conversations to talk through community-generated topics
- Two NYC performances
*Check back periodically for a 2019 schedule.
Learn more about the faculty here.
CLASS DESCRIPTIONS for 2019 coming soon
Students attending the New York City Winter Intensive will attend two performances to be announced!