SUMMER 2018 TUITION:
|Tuition Part-time (1 class)||$650||Includes performance tickets & additional drop-in classes|
Summer 2018 optional Fees:
|Single A/C Dorm||$1,660*|
|Double A/C Dorm||$1,310*|
|Dorm Damage & Key Deposit||$175*||Required for dorm residents|
|Conference Food Points||$1,140*||Conference Food Points required for dorm residents. Redeemable in all Duke dining facilities.|
|Conference Food Points (Off-campus)||$25* increments||Optional Conference Food Points for off-campus residents|
|Student Health Center Fee||$140|
|East Campus Parking Fee||$32*|
|Transcript Fee||$40||First time academic credit applicants only (May 31 deadline)|
|Visa Fee||$125||For international students who require visa assistance|
|Wire Transfer Fee||$50||For international students who require bank to bank wire transfer|
|Returned Check Fee||$30|
*These fees are estimates. Finalized amounts will be confirmed in early Spring.
The application fee and tuition are the only required fees. All other fees listed above are optional. Certain fees will be required depending on student’s housing preferences.
- Dorms cannot be guaranteed after May 1, 2018.
- All housing and meal plan prices are approximate and subject to minor revision, pending notice from Duke University.
The ADF and Duke University offer equal opportunity of admission to all applicants.
HOW TO APPLY
- Fill out an online application form.
- Submit a $40 non-refundable application fee (not credited toward tuition).
If applying for financial assistance, please see the specific instructions on the scholarship page for additional submission materials required.
The ADF does not require an audition to enroll in the Summer Dance Intensive (unless the student is applying for a tuition scholarship, in which case a video audition submission is required).
ADF is not responsible for mail/email that is delayed or lost in transit. Applicants are strongly encouraged to call the ADF office to verify receipt of application materials at least 2 weeks prior to deadlines. Photos of documents will not be accepted.
Summer Dance Intensive students are assigned a class registration number based on the date their application is received by the school office. The sooner you apply and make a deposit, the sooner you can pre-register for the classes you want! Please visit the Schedule & Dancing at ADF page for pre-registration details.
|March 1||Class Registration opens|
|March 1||1st Scholarship Application Deadline (Early Decision)|
|March 16||1st Scholarship Awards Announced|
|April 1||2nd Scholarship Application Deadline|
|April 16||2nd Scholarship Awards Announced|
|April 30||Class Registration closes|
|May 1||All payments and forms due (medical, dorms, etc). Personal checks will no longer be accepted after this date.|
|After May 1st||Late Registration, $100 additional fee|
|May 15||Last date to withdraw and receive a refund, less the $300 nonrefundable deposit, $40 application fee, and a $40 withdrawal fee.|
|May 31||Academic Credit application due|
*Dorms not guaranteed after May 1, 2018.
HEALTH INSURANCE REQUIREMENT
Participants in all programs must provide ADF with proof of adequate health insurance coverage. Students are responsible for obtaining adequate coverage on their own. Proof of coverage must be provided before arrival. Students will not be allowed to take class until the ADF School office has their insurance information on file – no exceptions!
Duke University Student Health Center
For basic health needs that can be taken care of in a clinic, Duke University allows ADF students the option to pay a Student Health Center Fee and take advantage of the outpatient services on campus. Examples of services provided include medical care for illnesses and minor injuries, medication dispensed by the Center’s pharmacy for short-term treatment of acute problems, and basic laboratory services. This fee does NOT COVER emergency room or hospital visits. Please note that purchasing the Student Health Center Fee DOES NOT take the place of health insurance.
- ADF accepts the following forms of payment:
- All major credit/debit cards
- Personal checks
- Bank check, certified check, or cashier’s check
- Money order
- Checks should be made out to “ADF” or “American Dance Festival” and mailed to ADF School, Box 90772, Durham, NC 27708
- Upon acceptance to ADF, students will be emailed a formal acceptance email that includes important information packet.
- Within 30 days of your application submission, a non-refundable $300 tuition deposit is due (part of the overall tuition cost).
- All student accounts must be paid in full by the deadline. Payments must be received or postmarked by this date.
- Payment after the deadline requires special arrangements with the ADF School office.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY PAYMENTS MADE IN PERSON, OVER THE PHONE, OR BY CHECK MAY NOT APPEAR IN YOUR ADF ONLINE ACCOUNT. SCHOLARSHIPS MAY ALSO NOT SHOW UP IN ALL ONLINE ACCOUNTS. PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL THE ADF OFFICE FOR UPDATED ACCOUNT INFORMATION BEFORE MAKING A PAYMENT.
- Summer 2018:
- May 15, 2018: All paid tuition (less the $300 deposit), dorm room fees, and meal plan fees will be refunded in full only if written notice of withdrawal is received on or before this date.
- May 16–June 14, 2018: Tuition (less the $300 deposit) will be refunded for medical reasons only. A signed note from a doctor is required. Dorm room fees and meal plan will be refunded in full.
- After June 14, 2018: Tuition and meal plans will not be refunded for any reason. Prorated dorm room fees will be refunded by December 2018 if a student leaves the festival early, based on the date that a student’s room key is returned.
- All withdrawals will incur a $40 fee.
Refund Issue Dates
- ADF refunds will be issued no earlier than July 16, 2018. Duke refunds for dorm damage and key deposits will be refunded by December 2018, after ADF receives final billing from Duke University.
The ADF School welcomes and encourages students from around the world to apply to the Summer Dance Intensive. International students enhance the ADF community and contribute to the education and personal growth of fellow students and faculty. Over the years, ADF has hosted students from many countries including Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, Cuba, England, France, Germany, Guyana, Greece, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Panama, Russia, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, and Trinidad, to name just a few.
Student J1 Visa
ADF is able to submit a DS2019 form for international students who wish to obtain a J1 visa. This J1 visa will only cover the dates of the five-week festival. All students are responsible for all other steps involved in obtaining a J1 visa beyond the DS2019.
If a foreign student requires assistance for obtaining a visa, a $125 fee will be added to their bill. This fee must be paid even if the visa application is not approved. This fee only covers ADF processing and will not cover additional visa fees incurred from the US government. Students must pay all other fees directly to their local US Embassy.
International students who need a visa to attend ADF should email firstname.lastname@example.org EARLY so that the visa is obtained in a timely manner. Visa appointments may need to be booked as early as three months in advance of the festival.
Visa Fee: $125 – for international students who require visa assistance
Wire Transfer Fee: $50 – for international students who require bank to bank wire transfer
sample an ADF class – new for 2018
ADF is now offering sample classes prior to start of the Summer! Check if we are visiting your town and let us know you are coming!
We are traveling to various cities across the US largely in conjunction with the American College Dance Association Conferences. These movement classes are free and open to the public, unless otherwise noted below with an (*), with various ADF faculty.
- January 20, 9:00am-10:30am: Alabama Dance Festival in Birmingham, AL with Leah Cox*
- February 10, 1:15pm-2:45pm: North Carolina Dance Education Organization Conference in Charlotte, NC with Gerri Houlihan*
- Friday, February 16, 6:30pm-8:00pm: ADF Scripps Studios in Durham, NC with Leah Cox ($5 class fee, register online here)
- Saturday, February 17, 10:30am-12:00pm: ACDA Boston University in Boston, MA with Joy Davis (register online here)
- Saturday, March 3, 10:45am-12:00pm: ACDA Coker College in Hartsville, SC with Gerri Houlihan*
- Monday, March 5, 9:50am-11:20am: ACDA Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, VA with Gerri Houlihan (register online here)
- Friday, March 9, 6:30pm-8:00pm: ADF Scripps Studios in Durham, NC with Leah Cox ($5 class fee, register online here)
- Sunday, March 11, 9:00am-10:30am: ACDA Ohio University in Athens, OH (register online here)
- Friday, March 16, 4:30-6:00pm: ACDA Lamar University in Beaumont, TX with Michelle Gibson (register online here)
- Friday, March 16, 9:45am-11:00am: ACDA West Chester University in West Chester, PA*
- Saturday, March 17, 9:45am-11:15am: ACDA Montclair State University in Montclair, NJ with Robbie Cook (register online here)
- Saturday, March 17, 10:00am-11:30am: ACDA University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign in Urbana, IL with Joy Davis (register online here)
- Sunday, March 25, 5:00pm-6:30pm: ACDA University of Colorado-Boulder in Boulder, CO with Gesel Mason*
*These classes are open to registered participants of the festival/conference only.