please check back for 2018 updates in december 2017!
Summer Dance Intensive students are assigned a class registration number based on the date their application is received by the school office. Students will register for classes in numerical order. Applying early and receiving a low registration number increases the chance of getting into desired classes; many popular Intensive classes fill to capacity early in the registration period.
important dates, including application & Scholarship Deadlines, for Summer 2018 to be posted online December 2017!
please check back for updates!
Application checklist & How to apply
- Fill out an online application form.
- Submit a $40 non-refundable application fee (not credited toward tuition).
- Submit a résumé of your dance training, education, and professional experience, via:
- Mail: ADF School, Box 90772, Durham, NC 27708
- Email: email@example.com
If applying for financial assistance, please see the specific instructions on the scholarship page for additional submission materials required.
The ADF does not require an audition to enroll in the 6WS (unless the student is auditioning for a tuition scholarship).
ADF is not responsible for mail/email that is delayed or lost in transit. Applicants are strongly encouraged to call the ADF office to verify receipt of application materials at least 2 weeks prior to deadlines. Photos of documents will not be accepted.
- ADF accepts the following forms of payment:
- All major credit/debit cards
- Personal checks
- Bank check, certified check, or cashier check
- Money order
- Checks should be made out to “ADF” or “American Dance Festival” and mailed to ADF School, Box 90772, Durham, NC 27708
- Upon acceptance to the ADF, students will be mailed a statement of charges along with an information packet.
- Within 21 days of this acceptance, a non-refundable $300 tuition deposit is due (part of the overall tuition cost).
- All student accounts must be paid in full by the deadline. Payments must be received or postmarked by this date.
- Payment after the deadline requires special arrangements with the ADF School office.
please note that any payments made in person, over the phone, or by check may not appear in your ADF online account. scholarships may also not show up in all online accounts. please call or email the adf office for updated account information before making a payment.
Dates for Summer 2018 to be posted online December 2017!
- Summer 2017:
- May 15, 2017: All paid tuition (less the $300 deposit), dorm room fees, and meal plan fees will be refunded in full only if written notice of withdrawal is received on or before this date.
- May 16–June 15, 2017: Tuition (less the $300 deposit) will be refunded for medical reasons only. A signed note from a doctor is required. Dorm room fees and meal plan will be refunded in full.
- After June 15, 2017: Tuition and meal plans will not be refunded for any reason. Prorated dorm room fees will be refunded by December 2017 if a student leaves the festival early, based on the date that a student’s room key is returned.
- All withdrawals will incur a $40 withdraw fee.
Refund Issue Dates
- ADF refunds will be issued no earlier than July 15, 2017. Duke refunds for dorm damage and key deposits will be refunded by December 2017, after ADF receives final billing from Duke University.
Tuition & Fees for Summer 2018 to be posted online December 2017!
Summer 2017 tuition & fees:
|Tuition Part-time 1 Class||$750|
|Tuition Part-time 2 Classes||$1,500|
|Single A/C Dorm||$1,955|
|Double A/C Dorm||$1,550|
|Dorm Damage & Key Deposit||$175||Required if living in the dorms|
|Meal Plan||$1,350||Meal Plan or Dining Points required for dorm residents|
|Dining Points||$100 per week (minimum)||Meal Plan or Dining Points required for dorm residents|
|Student Health Center Fee||$136|
|East Campus Parking Fee||$32|
|Flex Account||Any Amount||Payable upon arrival at ADF|
|Transcript Fee||$40||First time academic credit applicants only (June 1 deadline)|
|Visa Fee||$125||For international students who require visa assistance|
|Wire Transfer Fee||$50||For international students who require bank to bank wire transfer|
|Returned Check Fee||$30|
The application fee and tuition are the only required fees. All other fees listed above are optional. Certain fees will be required depending on student’s housing preferences.
- Dorms cannot be guaranteed unless paid by the deadline.
- All housing and meal plan prices are approximate and subject to minor revision, pending notice from Duke University.
The ADF and Duke University offer equal opportunity of admission to all applicants.