IMPORTANT: ADF Update
ADF is currently operating with limited staffing. Updates and information for School programs for 2021 will be available online in October 2020.Questions? Contact the ADF staff at firstname.lastname@example.org. Keep dancing and stay connected with us through our ongoing ADF Online programming!
SUMMER 2020 TUITION:
|Tuition Full-time||$2,290||$300 deposit is nonrefundable, credited towards tuition|
|Tuition Part-time (1 class)||$750||Includes performance tickets & additional drop-in classes|
Summer 2020 optional Fees:
|Single A/C Dorm||$1,745*|
|Double A/C Dorm||$1,380*|
|Dorm Damage & Key Deposit||$175||Required for dorm residents|
|Student Health Center Fee||$147||Please refer to this page by Duke to see all services covered by the Health Fee.|
|East/Central Campus Parking Fee||$34*||Parking permits can be purchased once students arrive to campus. These permits are also valid at 300 Swift (on-campus housing).|
|Transcript Fee||$120||First time academic credit applicants only (May 15 deadline)|
|Visa Fee||$125||For international students who require visa assistance|
|Wire Transfer Fee||$50||For international students who require bank to bank wire transfer|
|Returned Check Fee||$30|
*These fees are estimates. Finalized amounts will be confirmed in early Spring 2020.
The application fee and tuition are the only required fees. All other fees listed above are optional. Certain fees will be required depending on student’s housing preferences.
- Dorm rooms cannot be guaranteed unless paid by May 15, 2020.
how to apply
We are currently not accepting new applicants for our programs at this time
- Fill out an online application form.
- Submit $50 non-refundable application fee (not credited toward tuition).
- If applying for financial assistance, please see the specific instructions on the scholarship page for additional submission materials required. Students may apply for scholarships once they have been accepted into the program.
The ADF does not require an audition to enroll in the Summer Dance Intensive (unless the student is applying for a tuition scholarship, in which case a video or live audition submission is required in the scholarship application phase).
If you think that you should have heard from us regarding anything in your application, please login to your Acceptd account and look at your messages. We handle the majority of all correspondence through the platform. Please also check your spam/junk folders in your email inbox for messages from Acceptd.
For technical issues with the Acceptd online application, call or email 888-725-2122 or email@example.com.
|March 2||Online Class Registration opens|
|March 2||1st Scholarship application deadline (early decision)|
|March 16||1st Scholarship awards announced|
|April 1||2nd Scholarship application deadline|
|April 15||2nd Scholarship awards announced|
|May 15||Final payment due|
|May 15||All completed forms due, including academic credit applications.|
|May 15||Last day to withdraw and receive a refund, less the $300 deposit, $50 application fee, and a $40 withdrawal fee.|
|June 18||Arrive at ADF!|
|July 26||Depart ADF|
HEALTH INSURANCE REQUIREMENT
Participants in all programs must provide ADF with proof of adequate health insurance coverage. Students are responsible for obtaining adequate coverage on their own. Proof of coverage must be provided before arrival. Students will not be allowed to take class until the ADF School office has their insurance information on file – no exceptions!
Duke University Student Health Center
For basic health needs that can be taken care of in a clinic, Duke University allows ADF students the option to pay a Student Health Center Fee and take advantage of the outpatient services on campus. Examples of services provided include medical care for illnesses and minor injuries, medication dispensed by the Center’s pharmacy for short-term treatment of acute problems, and basic laboratory services. This fee does NOT COVER emergency room or hospital visits. Please refer to this page by Duke to see all services covered and not covered. It’s important to reference these pages before pursuing services at the center. Please note that purchasing the Student Health Center Fee DOES NOT take the place of health insurance.
how to make a payment
- Applicants submit payments for the application fee, deposit and program through their online application. Applicants can access their application by logging in to their Acceptd online account and clicking the yellow “continue” button next to their ADF application to continue on to the next application or payment phase.
- When completing the initial online application, applicants must submit a $50 application fee.
- Once accepted into the program, the applicant will be taken into the scholarship phase where they can apply for all scholarship opportunities available at ADF! No payments required at this phase of the application.
- After submitting the scholarship application (or selecting they do not want to apply for scholarships), applicants will be moved into the $300 deposit phase and must complete the deposit to confirm their spot in the program within 30 days of acceptance.
- Applicants may also call to make a payment over the phone or mail a check.
- For payment assistance, please contact our online registration platform (Acceptd) through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 888-725-2122.
- ADF accepts the following forms of payment:
- All major credit/debit cards
- Personal checks
- Bank check, certified check, or cashier check
- Money order
- Checks should be made out to “ADF” or “American Dance Festival” and mailed to ADF School, Box 90772, Durham, NC 27708.
- All student accounts must be paid in full by the May 15th deadline. Payments must be received or postmarked by this date.
- Payment after the deadline requires special arrangements with the ADF School office.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY PAYMENTS MADE IN PERSON, OVER THE PHONE, OR BY CHECK MAY NOT APPEAR IN YOUR ADF ONLINE ACCOUNT immediately. SCHOLARSHIPS MAY ALSO NOT SHOW UP IN ALL ONLINE ACCOUNTS. PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL THE ADF OFFICE FOR UPDATED ACCOUNT INFORMATION BEFORE MAKING A PAYMENT.
- Summer 2020:
- May 15, 2020: All paid tuition (less the $300 deposit), housing and meal fees will be refunded in full only if written notice of withdrawal is received on or before this date.
- May 16–June 18, 2020: Tuition (less the $300 deposit) will be refunded for medical reasons only. A signed note from a doctor is required. Housing and meal fees will be refunded in full.
- After June 18, 2020: Tuition will not be refunded for any reason. Prorated housing and meal fees will be refunded if a student leaves the festival early with approval from Duke University.
- All withdrawals from a program will incur a $40 withdrawal fee. ADF refunds, if applicable, will be processed within 3-4 weeks of withdrawing.
After Summer Refunds
- Summer 2020: Refunds for dorm damage and key deposits will be refunded by December 2020, after ADF receives final billing from Duke University.
The ADF School welcomes and encourages students from around the world to apply to the Summer Dance Intensive. International students enhance the ADF community and contribute to the education and personal growth of fellow students and faculty. Over the years, ADF has hosted students from many countries including Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, Cuba, England, France, Germany, Guyana, Greece, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Panama, Russia, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, and Trinidad, to name just a few.
Student J1 Visa
ADF is able to submit a DS2019 form for international students who wish to obtain a J1 visa. This J1 visa will only cover the dates of the five-week festival. All students are responsible for all other steps involved in obtaining a J1 visa beyond the DS2019.
If a foreign student requires assistance for obtaining a visa, a $125 fee will be added to their bill. This fee must be paid even if the visa application is not approved. This fee only covers ADF processing and will not cover additional visa fees incurred from the US government. Students must pay all other fees directly to their local US Embassy.
International students who need a visa to attend ADF should email email@example.com EARLY so that the visa is obtained in a timely manner. Visa appointments may need to be booked as early as three months in advance of the festival.
Visa Fee: $125 – for international students who require visa assistance
Wire Transfer Fee: $50 – for international students who require bank to bank wire transfer
In light of the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), we do not currently know if there will be travel restrictions in place during the ADF 2020 season. If you apply to attend one of ADF’s educational programs and cannot attend due to a travel restriction that is in place when the festival opens, ADF will refund any deposit and/or tuition payment. Please note that application fees are non-refundable.
The ADF and Duke University offer equal opportunity of admission to all applicants.