The American Dance Festival is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, religion, or race.
Year Round Employment:
Executive and Development Assistant
Part-Time (25 hours a week), $15/hour
Reports to: Executive Director and Director of Grants and Development Operations
Job Summary: Provide administrative support for Executive Director and Director of Grants and Development Operations and help provide general office support.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience required. Work experience in an administrative role preferred. A competitive applicant will possess exceptional attention to detail, outstanding organizational and time management skills and ability to prioritize, excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, and strong problem-solving skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Workspace products required. Experience with working with databases and mail merge preferred. Must be available to work on location at ADF’s offices upon hire.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Assistant to the Executive Director
- Assist with correspondence and arranging meetings and performance tickets.
- Arrange travel and prepare itineraries for all trips.
- Maintain the Executive Director’s daily calendar.
- Prepare expense reports.
- Assist with general research and administrative support.
- Assist with ADF merchandise.
Assistant to Director of Grants and Development Operations
- Assist with drafting and mailing donor thank you letters.
- Update ADF’s database (Filemaker Pro).
- Work with “Classy” (ADF’s online fundraising platform).
- Assist with logistics for ADF board meetings.
- Proof-read narratives and letters as needed.
- Assist with mail merges, mailings, filing, etc.
- Help identify and solicit in-kind donors as needed.
- Assist with donor events.
- Oversee general ADF email account.
- Open and sort the mail.
- Oversee office supply inventory and orders.
- Serve as primary contact for office copier troubleshooting and order supplies for machines.
- Process credit card transactions for donations, merchandise, and other miscellaneous charges.
- Prepare daily cash reports and take deposits to the bank.
- Organize office parties.
Resumes accepted until position is filled. Email resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com
As a general rule, the ADF School does not accept unsolicited teaching inquiries. We take the selection of faculty seriously and are constantly examining the dance landscape for exemplary educators.
ADF’s Samuel H. Scripps Studios
If you are interested in teaching a weekly class or a special workshop at ADF’s Studios, please send your performance/teaching resume and proposed class description to firstname.lastname@example.org. We offer a variety of classes for all ages and levels. Typically, the weekly class schedule is set several months in advance, and special workshops are scheduled on an ongoing basis.