ADF is an international home for modern dance, a prestigious school, a world-renowned presenter, and a community anchor, and none of it is possible without the generous support of our donors.
Ways to Give
Credit Card/Check/Text to Donate
- If you contribute appreciated securities to ADF, you receive a two-fold income tax benefit: a charitable deduction for the present fair market value and no capital gains tax on the appreciation.
AMERICAN DANCE FESTIVAL — GIFT
Rockefeller Capital Management
DTC #: 0226
Account #: RJM-052323
Account Name: American Dance Festival Corp
- Please notify Sarah Bowdoin, Director of Grants and Development Operations, of your intention to transfer stock so your gift may be processed in a timely manner and correctly credited. Email email@example.com or call (919) 684-6402 with the type of stock and number of shares you are transferring.
- Many employers offer matching gift benefits for employees. Ask your employer if you’re eligible to match your gift and double or triple the amount of your contribution!
- ADF would be honored to be included in your estate planning, such as a bequest, charitable annuity, or trust. To learn more about creative ways you can ensure the future of ADF through planned giving and the endowment, please contact Sarah Bowdoin, Director of Grants and Development Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 684-6402.
Donor-Advised Fund Gifts
- Please contact your financial advisor to learn more about establishing a donor-advised fund to donate tax-deductible cash and stock gifts or non-publicly traded assets.
Honorary and Memorial Gifts
- Honorary and memorial gifts allow you to make your gift in honor or memory of someone important in your life. Tribute donations can also be made to commemorate special occasions, including holidays, birthdays, and weddings. A tribute letter will be sent to the persons you designate, and an acknowledgement letter with a tax receipt will be sent to you.
Funds to Support
ADF General Fund
Make a one-time donation or enroll in a monthly giving plan to support ADF’s General Fund, bringing dance back to you one step at a time! Sustain the future of modern dance by supporting ADF performances, commissions, community programs, and student tuition scholarships.
ADF Endowment Fund
Help ensure the future of ADF and honor someone in perpetuity by naming a permanent fund. For more information about endowment giving, please give us a call at (919) 684-6402.
Is my donation tax-deductible?
American Dance Festival (ADF) is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization within the guidelines of U.S. law. To claim a donation as a deduction on your U.S. taxes, please keep your donation email receipt as your official record. We’ll send it to you upon successful completion of your donation. We will also send a formal acknowledgment letter with tax receipt in the mail.
How are donors recognized?
Donors are listed in our Annual Report which can be viewed here. If a donor wishes to remain anonymous, their gift is listed as anonymous. Donors are also listed in our Season Playbill.
What can my gift support and how is the money used?
Gifts to ADF can support the ADF General Fund and the Endowment. Donations to the ADF General Fund are unrestricted and allow us to apply your gift to our areas of greatest need, such as community programs, performances, commissions, and students scholarships/financial aid. All charitable donations are tax-deductible to the full extent of the law.
Why should I give?
We are deeply grateful to our donors, whose generosity helps ADF realize its mission to preserve, promote, and present modern dance throughout our community and the world.
What is the best way to make a gift?
ADF accepts gifts of all kinds at any point during the year. Our fiscal year runs October 1—September 30.