*ONLINE* adult classes
*Due to the evolving COVID-19 situation and with concern for the health and well-being of our students, faculty, and staff, we will be holding classes entirely online unless otherwise noted.
*Please note that for in-person classes, you will be required to show your vaccination card upon arrival to the studios in order to participate*
how to enroll online for classes
- Select the classes that best fit your experience and/or interests or contact us for assistance with class selection!
- Experience level may vary for participants.
- If you register for a class, please plan to attend as some classes have limited capacity.
- We hope you join our learning community and reap the rewards of full participation!
Register Online on ADF’s MindBody Online Platform
- After you register for your class(es), download the Zoom App on your phone or computer prior to the start of your first class. Zoom is free to access. We recommend you create your own Zoom account for ease of participation!
- Zoom link will not be included in MindBody confirmation email, but will come in a separate email from ADF. We will email you your class Zoom links prior to the start of your selected class(es).
Class Policies & Requirements
review POLICIES/requirements here
Click here for ADF’s in-person protocol for Scripps Studios
ADF SCRIPPS STUDIOS COVID-19 PROTOCOL
2021 STUDIO ClassES & Workshops
September 19-December 12, 2021 (no class November 28)
Sundays, 1:00PM-2:15pm EST
Join us in the studio! The last hybrid/online class will be Sunday, October 24th.
Location: Scripps Studio | 721 Broad Street, Durham, NC
Tuition: $15 per in-person class
Students MUST show proof of vaccination and wear masks.
These classes are offered to dancers of various skill levels to bring us together in an open and supportive way and connect us all to our love for dance and community. Grounded in the fundamentals of traditional modern technique, particularly the work of José Limón, the class focuses on concepts of alignment, core strength, and the use of breath for efficiency of movement. The class will begin with simple floor exercises and develop into standing warm-up combinations and a center movement phrase.
Because music and its relationship to movement is such an important focus for Gerri’s approach to dance, we are delighted to say that music for these classes will be provided by our wonderful long-time ADF musician, John Hanks.
*Important information for online students (until 10/24)*
-If you sign up on the morning of class, you may receive your link right at 1pm*
-Students will be admitted to the Zoom room at 1pm, there will be no early admittance*