Summer 2022 Tuition
|Tuition per Workshop||$875||Nonrefundable $200 deposit, credited towards tuition|
Summer 2022 Optional Fees
|Housing & Meals (Single, 1 week)||$565*||Air-conditioned dorm & 3 meals per day|
|Housing & Meals (Single, 2 weeks)||$1,230*||Air-conditioned dorm & 3 meals per day|
|Housing & Meals (Double, 1 week)||$505*||Air-conditioned dorm & 3 meals per day|
|Housing & Meals (Double, 2 weeks)||$1,100*||Air-conditioned dorm & 3 meals per day|
|Parking||$5* per day||Parking permits can be purchased after arrival
|Visa Assistance Fee||$125|
|Wire Transfer Fee||$50|
|Returned Check Fee||$30|
*Estimated Duke University fees, to be finalized by spring 2022.
- Dorms cannot be guaranteed unless paid by May 16, 2022.
applications will open january 2022
- Fill out an online application form and submit a $60 nonrefundable application fee (not credited toward tuition).
- Résumé that includes dance training, education, and professional experience
- ADF will review your application for the program and send you notification of acceptance via email within 1 week of submission.
- After you are accepted into the program, submit scholarship materials by April 1 to be considered for financial assistance.
ADF does not require an audition to enroll in Dance Professional Workshops.
Application correspondence will be channeled through your Acceptd account.
For technical issues with the online application, contact Acceptd: 888-725-2122 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ADF offers a tuition discount to members of NCDEO, NDEO, or an ACDA Institution. These members will receive a 20% tuition discount off any one workshop, or a 20% discount off total tuition if attending multiple workshops. When completing your online application for the DPW program, you will be asked if you are a member and to specify which organization. Tuition discounts will be applied to your online application upon acceptance into the program.
Students may receive either a tuition discount or a scholarship, but may not receive both.
Deadlines & IMPORTANT DATES
|April 1||Scholarship application deadline|
|April 15||Scholarship awards announced|
|May 16||Full payment & completed forms due|
|Day before program start date||Last day to withdraw and receive a refund:
$200 deposit and $60 application fee are nonrefundable
$40 withdrawal fee applies
HEALTH INSURANCE & COVID REQUIREMENTs
Participants in all programs must provide ADF with proof of adequate health insurance coverage. Students are responsible for obtaining adequate coverage on their own. Proof of coverage must be provided before arrival. Students will not be allowed to take class until the ADF School office has their insurance information on file—no exceptions!
covid policies & protocols
As the situation continues to evolve, ADF’s COVID policies and protocols will be updated in accordance with NC Governor Cooper’s office, the NC Department of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS), CDC guidelines, and Duke University.
These policies and protocols will change, and we appreciate patience and cooperation. To be successful, we need full participation in risk mitigation protocol from our students, staff, faculty, and parents/guardians. In exchange, we will provide transparent communication and clear updates as changes occur. A complete list of COVID policies and protocols will be available in spring 2022.
Vaccinations & Testing
In accordance with Duke University’s policies, all ADF students, faculty, and staff must submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Medical or religious exemptions may be available, but has not yet been confirmed as an option. Baseline COVID testing of all participants and staff may be required as part of the check-in/move-in process and surveillance testing may continue throughout the summer.
ADF and Duke University require masks/face coverings in indoor public spaces for all individuals regardless of vaccination status.
- Masks/face coverings are required for all guests over the age of 5 regardless of vaccination status.
- Masks/face coverings are required at all times except when actively eating or drinking.
- Reasonable accommodations for guests with medical or behavioral conditions or disabilities will be available through the office of Duke University Disability Management.
Application fee, deposit, and program payments are completed through the online application.
- Additional payment options are via over the phone or mail a check.
- Accepted forms of payment:
- All major credit/debit cards (preferred)
- Personal check, bank check, certified check, or cashier check
- Money order
- Checks should be made out to “ADF” or “American Dance Festival” and mailed to:
- ADF School, Box 90772, Durham, NC 27708
- All student accounts must be paid in full by the May 16th deadline. Payments must be received or postmarked by this date.
- Payment after the deadline requires special arrangements with the ADF School office.
Note: Any payment made in-person, over the phone, or by check may not immediately appear in your ADF online application. Scholarships may not immediately appear in your ADF online application upon acceptance. Call or email the ADF School office to confirm your account information before making a payment.
ADF requires a minimum enrollment for each Dance Professional Workshop and reserves the right to cancel the program if that minimum is not met by May 16, 2022. Out of town students should wait to book travel and accommodations until the enrollment minimum is reached. ADF takes no responsibility for students’ air travel and housing fees if a program is cancelled. Please contact the ADF School Office for enrollment updates prior to purchasing flights or booking housing.
- Summer 2022:
- The $60 application fee and $200 tuition deposit are nonrefundable.
- May 16, 2022
All paid tuition (less the $200 deposit), housing, and meal fees will be refunded in full only if written notice of withdrawal is received on or before this date.
- May 17, 2022–Day before program start date
Tuition (less the $200 deposit) will be refunded for medical reasons only. A signed doctor’s note is required. Housing and meal fees will be refunded in full.
- Program start date
Tuition will not be refunded for any reason. Prorated housing and meal fees will be refunded if a student leaves the festival early. Housing and meal refunds require approval from Duke University.
- All program withdrawals will incur a $40 withdrawal fee. When applicable, ADF refunds will be processed within 2–3 weeks of withdrawal.
The ADF School welcomes and encourages students from around the world to apply to the Summer Dance Intensive. ADF has hosted students from countries including (but not limited to): Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, Cuba, England, France, Germany, Guyana, Greece, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Panama, Russia, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, and Trinidad.
All classes are taught in English. The School hosts an international student gathering during Opening Weekend.
Student J1 Visa
ADF is able to submit a DS2019 form for international students who wish to obtain a J1 visa. This visa will only cover the dates of the four-week festival. Students are responsible for all other steps involved in obtaining a J1 visa beyond the DS2019.
If a foreign student requires assistance for obtaining a visa, a $125 fee will be added to their bill. This fee must be paid even if the visa application is not approved. This fee only covers ADF processing and will not cover additional visa fees incurred from the US government. Students must pay all other fees directly to their local US Embassy.
International students who need a visa to attend ADF should email email@example.com EARLY so the visa is obtained in a timely manner. Visa appointments may need to be booked as early as three months in advance of the festival.
The ADF and Duke University offer equal opportunity of admission to all applicants.